Strawberry and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf crusty bread, sliced into 1” pieces (on the bias)
- 6–8 oz goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6–8 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
Prep and Cook
- In a small bowl, toss to combine the strawberries, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Let the berries rest for 15–20 minutes in order to release their juices.
- Spread a thick layer of goat cheese over each slice of bread. Top each slice with a few spoonfuls of the berry mixture. Drizzle olive oil over the top, and top each piece with a few basil strands, fresh ground pepper and touch of sea salt.