We’ve made this dessert pizza for countless summer picnics and parties, much to the delight of kids and adults alike. Pizza—in any iteration—is always popular, especially if it is sweet. Use whatever fruits you like and, if time doesn’t allow for making the sugar cookie dough, use brownie mix for the crust.
This recipe is an excerpt from the book, Stirring Up Fun with Food by Sarah Michelle Gellar and Gia Russo. We have reprinted it here with permission.
Makes one 12-inch pizza.
Excerpted from the book STIRRING UP FUN WITH FOOD by Sarah Michelle Gellar and Gia Russo. Copyright © 2017 by Sarah Michelle Gellar and Gia Russo. Reprinted with permission of Grand Central Life & Style. All rights reserved. Photo Credit: Amy Neunsinger
- For the Sugar Cookie Dough
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- For the Pizza
- 1½ (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup kumquats, thinly sliced
Prep and Cook
- 1To make the sugar cookie dough:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed. Gradually add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined, then add the salt and baking powder and mix until incorporated. Slowly pour in the flour and mix until incorporated and a dough forms. Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it into a 1-inch-thick disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3Roll out the dough to about ½ inch thick. Place a 12-inch pizza pan over the dough and, using a paring knife, cut around the edges to make a 12-inch circle. Remove the pan and spray it with cooking spray, then place the dough in the pan. Bake until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 4Combine the cream cheese and heavy cream in a small bowl and, using an electric mixer, mix until creamy and smooth. Add the honey, orange zest, and vanilla and mix until combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled cookie, leaving a small border uncovered for the ‘crust’. Arrange the fruits in a design on top of the pizza. Using a very sharp knife, cut the pizza into 12 slices. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.