Fresh peas are are spring veggies to get excited about when the winter weather finally breaks. This Spring Pea and Potato Salad recipe is great is great or toddlers because the egg adds enough protein to make it a complete meal.
- 4 small white potatoes, scrubbed or peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup fresh spring peas, shelled
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped into quarters
- 2 slices cooked ham
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dill, finely chopped
Prep and Cook
- 1Place potatoes in a small pot of salted water and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until just tender (do not overcook).
- 3Drain potatoes and place in a bowl.
- 4Combine dressing ingredients.
- 5Pour dressing over warm potatoes.
- 6Add green peas, tossing gently.
- 7The potatoes will absorb the flavours of the dressing if they are warm.
- 8Serve potato salad warm or at room temperature in a small bowl with a slice of rolled up ham.
- 9If textures are an issue, mash the potatoes and eggs together and toss the rest with the peas.
Tagged under: potato salad,spring veggies