Quite the Statement: The Best Roasted Potatoes!
Tired of bland and boring potatoes? So are we. Which is why we have gone and created a punchy and flavour-packed roasted potatoes recipe, perfect for all your summer meals. Here we’ve tossed mini potatoes (we like the red-skinned ones or Yukon Golds for their buttery texture,) with lots of bright lemon zest, fresh herbs, and flaked sea salt and then roasted them to perfection.
Try them once and we promise they will become your go-to summer side dish in no time flat.
Serves 4 to 6
The Best Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 3 lbs mini red-skinned or Yukon Gold Potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary or thyme
- 1 tsp each flaked sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- 2Slice potatoes in half and dry well with clean paper towels
Place in a large bowl along with lemon zest, herbs, salt, and pepper
Toss to combine
Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat very well
Spread in an even layer on baking sheet (use 2 if you cannot spread evenly with space between potatoes)
- 3Transfer to oven and cook, turning occasionally, until golden and tender when pierced with a fork (about 40 to 50 minutes)
Remove from oven and serve immediately
- 4TIP: These roasted potatoes are amazing with grilled steak, chicken, or fish!