- 1 398 mL can Hunt's Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 lb. turkey sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz. can black beans
- 1 14 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 14 oz. can navy beans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and squash, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the cumin and chili powder, stir well and cook for an additional minute. Add the turkey sausage and cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden, until no longer pink. Stir in the Hunt's Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes, stock, oregano and red pepper flakes. Partially cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes.
- 3Add the beans and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper and serve hot.
- 4If you can’t locate turkey sausages, feel free to use ground turkey or chicken instead. If you do this, you may want to increase the cumin and chilli powder by one teaspoon each to add a little more flavour to the chili.
- 5To fancy this up for a crowd or dinner party, offer chopped avocado, shredded cheese, hot sauce, sour cream, lime and cilantro on the side.