- 1 can (398 mL) Hunt's Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium or organic chicken/vegetable stock
- ½ cup alphabet pasta
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep and Cook
- 1Pour Hunt's Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes and stock into a pot and heat at medium to high heat, before bringing to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to med/low and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3Remove from the heat.
- 4Using a hand-held immersion blender, puree soup until smooth in texture.
- 5Alternatively, use a blender to puree the soup in batches until you've reached the desired texture.
- 6Return soup to the pot and bring to a boil.
- 7Add the alphabet pasta to the soup and cook for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- 8Stir in sour cream and serve immediately.
- 9Top with cheese if desired and season with salt and pepper.
Similar Related Posts:
15 Meal Ideas for Toddlers (And the Whole Family, Too)
There is nothing cuter, or pickier, than a toddler. To ease your mealtime pain, we have a wide array of terrific meal ideas for toddlers to choose from!