These oversized squares are for eaters of all ages, but we can confirm that it’s usually the adults who swoon at the sight of these s’more-flavoured summer treats. Made in less than 30 minutes with just five ingredients, you won’t find a simpler sweet to make this season. While easy to pack up for a picnic or potluck party, we like the idea of serving them after dinner for a crowd-pleasing dessert the whole gang will fawn over.
Makes 9 large bars
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (400g) bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Prep and Cook
- 1Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and then spray the top of the parchment paper lightly. Set aside.
- 2In a large skillet or saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add all but 1 cup of the marshmallows and continue to stir until melted. Add the cocoa powder and mix until smooth and combined.
- 3Remove skillet from heat and cool marshmallow mixture for 1 minute. Tip in the cereal, chocolate chips and remaining marshmallows and use a rubber spatula to incorporate.
- 4Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. If it’s too sticky you can lightly butter your fingers and use your hands to press the cereal down into the sides of the pan.
- 5Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and then cut into squares.
Similar Related Posts:
- February 8, 2018
Homemade Whole Wheat and Oats Pancake Mix in a Jar
Making your own pancake mixes are pretty simple and beneficial. They're typically made with things you likely have on hand, and in addition to the health benefits of homemade goods versus packaged ones, you'll also save a bit of money.
- February 6, 2018
4 Surprising Dishes You Can Make in a Slow Cooker
From a four-ingredient lasagna to an impressive restaurant-quality dessert, these recipes will force you to rethink how you use your slow cooker, and introduce you to a few inspiring ideas you'll be sure to come back to time and time again.