These oversized squares are for eaters of all ages, but we can confirm that it’s usually the adults who swoon at the sight of these s’more-flavoured summer treats. Made in less than 30 minutes with just five ingredients, you won’t find a simpler sweet to make this season. While easy to pack up for a picnic or potluck party, we like the idea of serving them after dinner for a crowd-pleasing dessert the whole gang will fawn over.
Makes 9 large bars
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (400g) bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Prep and Cook
- 1Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and then spray the top of the parchment paper lightly. Set aside.
- 2In a large skillet or saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add all but 1 cup of the marshmallows and continue to stir until melted. Add the cocoa powder and mix until smooth and combined.
- 3Remove skillet from heat and cool marshmallow mixture for 1 minute. Tip in the cereal, chocolate chips and remaining marshmallows and use a rubber spatula to incorporate.
- 4Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. If it’s too sticky you can lightly butter your fingers and use your hands to press the cereal down into the sides of the pan.
- 5Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and then cut into squares.
Similar Related Posts:
- July 19, 2018
Toddler Recipe: Zucchini Bread Waffles
This recipe boasts a combination of whole grain and all-purpose flours, a minimal amount of sugar and two full cups of vegetables. And like a lot of traditional zucchini breads, we’ve added mini chocolate chips to the recipe at times, and the results were definitely crowd-pleasing.
- July 13, 2018
7 No-Bake Desserts to Make Your Summer a Little Sweeter
If you’re looking for something that goes beyond a melty tub of Ben and Jerry’s, these easy no-bake desserts for summer are delicious, simple and sweat-free.
- July 5, 2018
How to Cook for a (Summer) Crowd Without Going Crazy
Looking for some of the best party food ideas for large groups? Here are a few strategies to help you control that chaos that comes with having many mouths to feed.
- May 30, 2018
7 Healthy Grab & Go Breakfast Bars for Busy Mornings
If you’re tired of eating your kids’ leftovers as you rush out the door in the morning, here are a few morning meal lifesavers. We've rounded up some healthy (and tasty) breakfast bars that will help hold you over.