These oversized squares are for eaters of all ages, but we can confirm that it’s usually the adults who swoon at the sight of these s’more-flavoured summer treats. Made in less than 30 minutes with just five ingredients, you won’t find a simpler sweet to make this season. While easy to pack up for a picnic or potluck party, we like the idea of serving them after dinner for a crowd-pleasing dessert the whole gang will fawn over.
Makes 9 large bars
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (400g) bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Prep and Cook
- 1Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and then spray the top of the parchment paper lightly. Set aside.
- 2In a large skillet or saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add all but 1 cup of the marshmallows and continue to stir until melted. Add the cocoa powder and mix until smooth and combined.
- 3Remove skillet from heat and cool marshmallow mixture for 1 minute. Tip in the cereal, chocolate chips and remaining marshmallows and use a rubber spatula to incorporate.
- 4Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. If it’s too sticky you can lightly butter your fingers and use your hands to press the cereal down into the sides of the pan.
- 5Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and then cut into squares.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 19, 2017
3 Healthy Recipes for Your May Long Weekend Barbecue
Who doesn't love long weekends spent with friends and family in the sunshine celebrating an extra day off of school and work?! My absolute favourite way to unwind and reconnect with the people I love most is by throwing a backyard barbeque…fresh air, good laughs and great food! As a nutritionist hosting foodie get-togethers I am always looking for healthy recipes, but as a Mom I also need to make sure they are tasty enough for my children to dig in to as well.
- May 18, 2017
How to Make a Build-Your-Own Caesar Bar
National Caesar Day fittingly falls on the Thursday before the May two-four weekend, the unofficial launch of patio season in Canada. Here's our recipe for a classic Caesar cocktail, and how you can create a build-your-own Caesar bar for a party.