Sometimes it’s the classics that capture our attention, pull at our heartstrings and keep us coming back for Just. One. More. Take these spiced oatmeal raisin cookies. Everyone’s favourite childhood cookie, we’ve added a hint of spice to create a kicked-up holiday version. We promise the adults at your party will be caught devouring these too.
Makes 18 cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup thick cut rolled oats
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) pure vanilla extract
1 cup (250 mL) raisins (or chocolate chips!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Stir with a fork and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add egg and beat until well combined. Beat in vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture using a wooden spoon, until just combined. Stir in raisins.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet (add more for larger cookies). Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 min, or until golden around edges and set in the middle.
- TIP! ensure you cream your butter and sugars together for at least 3 minutes – it will make an enormous difference in your cookies.
Category: No Category