In my house, toast is very much a morning staple, but I know I tend to gravitate to the same spreads each morning, and I certainly serve the same thing to my kids regularly. Sometimes it’s nice to change it up a little, and I’m sure many of us could use some inspiration when it comes to topping our toast.
Print this list off and post it on your fridge for when your breakfast, lunch or dinner needs a little flavour boost.
Here are 25 toast-topping ideas for toddlers
1. Applesauce, apple slices and cinnamon
2. Peanut butter, blueberry and banana
3. Almond butter, honey, granola
4. Buttered toast with hard-boiled egg slices
5. Cream cheese and jam
6. Mashed pinto or black beans and grated cheddar cheese
7. Ricotta cheese, strawberry slices and honey
8. Cream cheese, strawberry slices and honey
9. Hummus, cucumber slices and grated carrot
10. Cream cheese and sliced cucumbers
11. Cream cheese, raisin and cinnamon
12. Cream cheese, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds
13. Mashed avocado with lime
14. Mashed avocado topped with sliced hard-boiled egg
15. Sliced tomato, fresh mozzarella and chopped basil
16. Almond butter, honey and wheat germ
17. Lettuce, tomato slices and bacon
18. Brie, pear slices and honey
19. Mashed avocado, sliced turkey and cucumber rounds
20. Apple slices and grated cheddar
21. Brie, ham, and melon
22. Fried egg, cheddar cheese and salsa
23. Peanut butter, banana and cinnamon
24. Nutella, bananas and blueberries (or chocolate chips)
25. Honey mustard, ham, orange/peach jam
A few notes:
- Feel free to use sunflower seed butter in place of peanut and or almond butter
- Mascarpone cheese makes a wonderful replacement for cream cheese and/or ricotta
- Fruit butters make an excellent toast topping
- Almost any fruit can be cut, chopped, and sliced and placed on top of toast
- Use a variety of breads to keep your meals interesting. We like cinnamon raisin, sourdough, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain, wholegrain, and brioche.
- Broiling the toast can melt cheese and warm fruit.
- If making multiple pieces of toast, use the broil function on your oven and a rimmed baking sheet instead of your toaster.
Similar Related Posts:
A Perfect Kid-Approved Snack Recipe: Garlic Pretzel Knots
We love a delicious bread recipe, especially one that comes in snack size for little hands.
15 Meal Ideas for Toddlers (And the Whole Family, Too)
There is nothing cuter, or pickier, than a toddler. To ease your mealtime pain, we have a wide array of terrific meal ideas for toddlers to choose from!