- Homemade or store-bought pie dough, enough for 2, 9” pies
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 Tbsp water)
- Lollipop sticks
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add apples, sugar and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until apples are tender.
- 3Roll out pastry to ¼” in thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2” round cookie cutter, cut 24 circles from the pastry and place 12 on baking sheet.
- 4Place a lollipop stick in the centre of each round and top with 1–2 tablespoons of the apple mixture. Cover each pastry with remaining rounds, and seal lollipops together by crimping edges.
- 5Brush each pie with egg wash and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- 6Remove baking sheet from oven and allow pies to cool completely.
Tagged under: apple pie,apple pie on a stick,mini dessert