Classic Apple Crisp
A classic Apple Crisp is the perfect end to any meal. A gluten-free apple crisp means everyone can enjoy it.
This dessert is quick, easy, and delicious, and a great way to use up all of those apples you’ve picked! This version is easily made gluten-free by substituting your favourite gluten-free flour.
Makes 6 servings | Preparation time less than 20 minutes
Classic Apple Crisp Recipe:
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup cold margarine, or slightly softened butter
- 1½ cups RICE KRISPIES* cereal
- 6 cups sliced, peeled cooking apples (about 1 kg/2 lbs)
Prep and Cook
- In large bowl mix together sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in margarine until resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in the cereal.
- Spread apple slices evenly in 9-inch square baking pan.
Sprinkle cereal topping over apples.
- Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.