While it’s no secret that we’re big fans of the grill, there are occasions where it’s simply easier to pop something straight into the oven, and these Thai chicken sliders are the perfect example. With a bake time of less than ten minutes, you can have a flavourful dinner on the table in the time it would take you to preheat the barbecue.
Makes 12 sliders.
- 1 ½ lb. ground chicken
- 3 Tbsp sweet Thai chilli sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 4 finely chopped green onions, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice ½ lime
- 12 mini sesame buns
- 2 basil leaves
Prep and Cook
- 1Place a muffin pan in the oven and preheat to 400°F.
- 2Combine the ground chicken, chili sauce, mustard, fish sauce and half the green onions in a medium bowl. Mix well with your hands or a wooden spoon to combine.
- 3When the oven is preheated, carefully remove the muffin pan and, using a pastry brush, coat the wells with the olive oil. Using a large ice cream scoop, spoon the chicken mixture into the individual cups, dividing it evenly between them. Smooth the tops with your fingers or the back of a wooden spoon. Quickly return the pan to the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the centre of the patty is firm and the meat is cooked through.
Note: if you'd like to toast the buns, place them open faced on a baking sheet and pop them into the oven for the last 3 minutes of the sliders’ baking time.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the remaining green onions, mayonnaise, garlic and lime juice. Mix well.
- 5Smear some of the mayonnaise over both sides of the slider buns. Place a patty on the bottom bun and top with a basil leave. Cover with the top bun and serve warm.