Here’s an ingenious idea for summer entertaining: make a batch of these foolproof mini cheesecakes and serve them with assorted toppings like fresh berries, cherries, grilled pineapple, chopped nuts, toasted coconut, fudge sauce, caramel sauce, strawberry sauce and jams for a make-your-own dessert bar your friends and family will swoon over.
- For the crust
- 1 ½ cups digestive cookie crumbs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 12 oz. (1 ½ pkgs.) cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- For the topping:
- Fresh mixed berries
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F and spray a silicone muffin pan with non-stick spray. Alternatively, line a regular muffin pan with silicone muffin liners.
- 2To make the crust: in a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, melted butter and salt. Mix to combine. Spoon and press the mixture into the muffin wells, dividing it evenly between the 12 cups.
- 3To make the filling: in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Process until fully combined and smooth, taking care not to over mix.
- 4Pour the cheesecake mixture evenly over the cookie crusts.
- 5Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the centres of the cheesecakes are completely set. Cool for 1 hour. Transfer to the refrigerator and cool for 2-4 hours before serving.
To serve, remove the cheesecakes from the muffin pan and serve with your choice of berries.
Tagged under: dessert,entertaining,toddler meals,cheesecake,Foolproof Mini Cheescakes