Makes 30 triangles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for baking
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 30 wonton wrappers
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add turkey and cook, breaking up meat with the back of a spoon, until no longer pink. Stir in garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and ketchup, and cook 1 minute. Add broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from stovetop and allow to cool 5 minutes. Add the cheese and mix well.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill a small bowl with water.
- 4Working with one wonton wrapper at a time, top each with a teaspoon or two of the turkey mixture. Moisten the edges with water (you can use your fingers) and fold diagonally, pressing the wrapper lightly to seal. Place on prepared pan and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 5Brush the triangles with oil and bake for 6 minutes. Turn triangles over and bake for an additional six minutes or until wontons are golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature with salsa or guacamole for dipping.