Makes 8-10 stars
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup quick-cooking polenta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
Prep and Cook
- 1Bring the water, butter and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan set over high heat. Slowly pour the polenta into the water, reduce the heat to medium low, and whisk continuously to prevent lumps. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently with rubber spatula, until thick and smooth. Remove from heat.
- 2Press a piece of parchment paper into an 8x8-inch baking pan, leaving some overhang. Pour the polenta into the baking dish and spread evenly, smoothing the top. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F. Lift the parchment out of the baking pan and place on a counter. Cut stars from the chilled polenta and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 4Using a pastry brush, paint the top and sides of stars with olive oil and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are crisp. Serve warm or at room temperature with marinara sauce for dipping.
Tagged under: polenta cakes recipe,polenta recipe,kid friendly recipe,polenta for kids,toddler recipe