You don’t have to be a Modern Stone Age Family to enjoy a real Bronto Burger.
- 1 lb. (500 g) lean ground beef
- ¾ cup (175 mL) rolled oats
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (50 mL) finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) dried basil leaves
- 4–6 burger buns
- Lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, pickles, olives, carrots, cucumber, sweet peppers for garnish
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine ground beef, rolled oats, milk, egg, celery, salt and basil in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Shape into patties.
- 3Heat frying pan on medium heat.
- 4Pan-fry burgers on both sides until well done.
- 5Place lettuce, cheese and tomato on bottom bun, add burger and cover with top.
- 6Let your imagination run wild and decorate the bun with vegetable garnish to look like your favourite dinosaur. Use toothpicks where necessary to fasten pieces to the bun.