Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9” x 13” heatproof casserole or baking dish.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet set over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the peppers and onion and cook until the vegetables are soft and most of the moisture in the pan has evaporated, about 7 minutes.
- 3While the vegetables cook, combine the sour cream and salsa in medium mixing bowl and stir well.
- 4Place half the chicken in the bottom of the prepared pan and top with half the sauteed vegetables, half of the sour cream mixture, and half of the grated cheese. Create another layer with the remaining chicken, and do the same with the leftover vegetables and sour cream. Top with nacho chips and remaining cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- 5Garnish with green onions and serve warm with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Tagged under: chicken recipes,chicken nacho casserole,casserole recipes