Adapted from Weelicious
Makes 50 to 60 1″ crackers
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, cut into cubes and chilled
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
Prep and Cook
- 1In a food processor or standing mixer, combine the flours, cocoa powder, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- 2Add the chilled butter and pulse or mix until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add the honey, water and vanilla, and continue to mix until well combined.
- 4Remove the dough and shape it into a flat disk. Place it between two large pieces of parchment paper and roll out the dough to ¼” thickness. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 6Cut the dough into desired shapes using 1” cookie cutter and place the crackers on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. They may seem a little soft when removed from the oven but they will firm up during the cooling process.
- 7Cool and serve.
Tagged under: Chocolate,Snack,graham crackers,cocoa