Makes 12 mini pizzas
- Olive oil
- All-purpose flour, for dusting and rolling
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- ¾ cup pizza sauce, or 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Assorted toppings such as cooked mushrooms, broccoli, red pepper, onions, ham, pepperoni, or bacon
- Parmesan cheese
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F and lightly brush a standard muffin pan with the olive oil.
- 2On a lightly floured work surface, knead the dough and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 6-inch circle and place into muffin cups, pressing the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the cup.
- 3Spoon a tablespoon of pizza sauce into each muffin cup and sprinkle with cheese, dividing it evenly between the 12 muffins. Add desired toppings and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4Bake until the dough is golden brown and crisp and the pizzas have puffed up, about 12-15 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.