Our favourite pancake recipe makes simple and perfect pancakes every time. Our favourite for many years.
Makes 6-8 pancakes
Be sure to read our 8 Tips for Making Perfect Pancakes.
This recipe pairs well with our Pancake Mini Muffins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Prep and Cook
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, egg and vanilla.
- 3Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and whisk until just combined, taking care not to over mix. A lumpy batter is fine.
- 4Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease with vegetable oil (a pastry brush is good for this).
- 5For each pancake, ladle a few tablespoons of batter onto the skillet, using the back of the ladle to spread batter into a round.
- 6Cook until the surface of the pancakes begins to bubble and a few have burst, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 7Transfer to a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in a preheated 250°F oven. Continue with more oil and remaining batter. Serve warm with desired toppings.