This very light (we replaced half the whipping cream with Greek yogurt) and slightly sweet mousse pairs perfectly with spiced peaches, blueberries, and crunchy cookies to make the easiest dessert you’ll put together this summer. Feel free to replace the peaches with plums, if desired.
- For the mousse:
- ½ tsp unflavoured granulated gelatin
- 1 ½ Tbsp hot water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups Greek yogurt
- For the macerated peaches:
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen (thawed) peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- For the parfaits:
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
Prep and Cook
- 1To make the mousse, dissolve the gelatin in the hot water. Beat the whipping cream and sugar with a handheld or electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, combine the gelatin mixture with the Greek yogurt. Fold in the whipped cream gently but thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but up to 4 hours.
- 3While the mousse is chilling, make the macerated fruit by combining the peach slices, blueberries, brown sugar, ginger, and salt in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 4To assemble the parfaits, scatter some of the cookies crumbs on the bottom of bowls, glasses, or jam jars. Top with a few dollops of the mousse, a spoonful of the peach mixture, and more cookie crumbs. Repeat the layers one more time, ending with the crumbled cookies. Serve immediately.