Grilled Chicken with Bacon, Blueberry and Caramelized Onion Jam
- 1 lb bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coffee
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
Prep and Cook
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat until all the fat has been rendered.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and pat excess fat off bacon. Drain fat from the pan leaving 1 tablespoon. Reduce heat and add onions and garlic, and cook until translucent and soft, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add blueberries, brown sugar, coffee, maple syrup and cider vinegar to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Wash and pat chicken breasts dry with paper towel. Spread a small amount of Dijon mustard over each piece and season with salt and pepper. Grill or bake in the oven at 375 degrees F until golden brown and juices run clear, about 45–60 minutes.
- To serve, spoon a large dollop of the bacon jam over each chicken breast.