Makes 6 to 8 cups
- 4 cans (398 mL) Hunt's Heriloom Whole Tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup red wine
Prep and Cook
- 1Select the sauté option on the Instant Pot. Pour in the olive oil and warm.
- 2Add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Pour in the Hunt's Heirloom Tomatoes and juices. Add the basil, parsley, sugar, oregano, salt, red pepper flakes and wine.
- 4Turn off the cooker, cover and lock the lid in place and turn on the manual setting for 30 minutes.
- 5When the cooking time is up do a quick release of the pressure. Open the lid and stir. Let cool for 30 minutes then purée the sauce with an immersion blender or in a high-powered standard blender.
- 6Serve immediately, or allow to cool completely at room temperature, transfer to airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Sauce can also been frozen in sealed containers for up to 6 months.