- 8 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 1½ cup orzo
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Salt and pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Brush 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over a rimmed baking sheet and place it in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F, heating the pan as the oven warms.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the chicken thighs, ¼ cup olive oil, juice and zest of lemon, mustard, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of fresh ground pepper. Toss to combine, evenly coating the chicken with the marinade.
- 3When the oven is ready, carefully remove the baking sheet and place the chicken skin-side down on the pan. Bake for 25 minutes, flip the chicken over so it’s skin-side up, and bake for an additional 10–15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- 4While the chicken cooks, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo until al dente, about 6–8 minutes. Drain the pasta, return it to the pot and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and dill. Stir to combine, and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Place the orzo on a serving platter and cover with the hot chicken. Pour the pan drippings over the plate, if desired, and garnish with lemon slices and fresh dill.
Tagged under: lemon roasted chicken thighs,chicken thigh recipe,dilled orzo,orzo recipe,chicken orzo