Milk and Cookie Mocktails
Santa’s not the only one who will appreciate these milk mocktails! Whether for an extra special treat for Santa on the big night or something fun and festive for a family-friendly New Year’s do, these milk and cookie mocktails are a fun and unique treat.
Where allowed, this Milk and Cookie Mocktail is also a fun idea for birthday and classroom parties. And during the festive season, he younger crowd will surely stop bugging for sips of bubbly if they have their own special treat beverages.
The premise is simple: fill a fancy glass with milk, then attach a cookie to a stir stick for an edible and fun garnish. I typically stick to regular while milk and a chocolate chip cookie. For this occasion, I think it would be fun to make the drinks a little extra special. Here are some possible combinations of drinks and cookies you could use…
Milk & Cookie Mocktail Ideas:
- Eggnog and gingerbread cookies
- Peppermint milk (add mint extract to regular milk) and shortbread cookies
- Chocolate milk and sprinkle cookies
The colourful rims are almost essential in making these extra festive, and if you have any decorations left from your holiday baking, they can be put to good use making these drinks. I have baked my cookies onto the little sticks, but you could also just attach an already baked cookie with a little royal icing, if you prefer.
Milk & Cookie Mocktails Recipe:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- Red and white sprinkles
- Gingerbread Cookies
- 6-inch lollipop sticks
Prep and Cook
- To make a simple syrup, combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan set over high heat and bring to a boil
Cook until the sugar has completely dissolved
Remove from the stove top and allow it to cool for a minute or two
- Place the sprinkles on a shallow plate
- Dip the rim of the glass into the syrup, allowing the excess to drip off before dipping the rim into the sprinkles
Leave the glasses upside down and allow the sprinkles to adhere before turning the cups right side up (or the sprinkles will run down the side of the glass)
- Make your favourite gingerbread cookie recipe and cut out gingerbread men or trees, using a 2-inch cookie cutter
- Place a lollipop stick in the middle of the back of the cutout cookie dough, and press down lightly to ensure the stick is adhered to the cookie
Bake as per your cookie recipe.
- Carefully fill the glasses with milk, and rest a cookie garnish on the rim of the glass