Makes 20’30 balls
- 1 package cake mix, any flavour
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1 lb chocolate candy melts, any colour
- Candy googly eyes
- White decorator icing
Prep and Cook
- 1Prepare cake mix according to the package direction using any of the recommended pan sizes. Allow cake to cool and then crumble it up into a large bowl. Add frosting and stir until well blended.
- 2Using a small scoop or melon baller, form balls with the cake mixture. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 15–20 minutes.
- 3Melt chocolate candy melts in a heatproof bowl set over simmering watering, or in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second increments, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- 4Dip cake balls in the chocolate using a fork to hold. Place on parchment paper to set. Affix googly eyes with white decorator icing.