- 2 medium beets, raw, trimmed, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 green apple, quartered and core removed
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Garnish: Chopped parsley or kale leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Toasted pumpkin seeds
Prep and Cook
- 1Attach the coarse grater to a food processor and push ingredients through in the following order: beets, carrots and apple.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- 3Turn vegetables onto a platter to achieve a rainbow of colours. Top with pumpkin seeds and parsley, if using, and lightly dress with the vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Add more dressing if desired and serve immediately.
Tagged under: salad recipe,green apple,beet salad