For a quick mid-week meal, this is a great way to use up all the leftover ham from the latest family or entertaining meal.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 slices white bread (Brioche or French Crusty)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices baked ham
- 2 Tbsp honey mustard
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat large non-stick skillet and melt 1 Tbsp butter over low heat.
- 2In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk and set aside.
- 3Spread mustard on 4 slices of bread.
- 4Place one slice of cheese on each slice of bread.
- 5Top the cheese with a slice of ham and close sandwiches.
- 6Dip the whole sandwiches into the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides (as you do with French toast).
- 7Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.