- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp each of cinnamon/nutmeg and ginger
- 5 peaches, washed and peeled (slice 4 and dice 1)
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz brie cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 8 basil leaves, washed
- 4 pre-soaked bamboo skewers
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat BBQ to 425F (230C).
- 2In a small sauce pan over high heat, combine water and sugar.
- 3Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 minute.
- 4To mixture add mixed spices and sliced peaches, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 5Allow to cool to room temperature and then purée in blender until smooth.
- 6Add diced peach and set aside for later use.
- 7Place chicken breasts on clean work surface and, using a sharp knife and focusing on one breast at a time, cut a 3-inch (7.5-cm) long slit horizontally into one side of the chicken breast to form a pocket.
- 8Take about 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the purée mixture and spread in the pocket of each breast.
- 9Then, stuff each breast with 2 basil leaves and a piece of Brie.
- 10In a horizontal and weaving fashion, secure each breast with one skewer, then season with salt and pepper.
- 11Place chicken on preheated grill and cook for 6 minutes, on each side, or until internal temperature registers to 165F (74C).
- 12Remove from grill and rest for 2 minutes before serving with the balance of peach purée and your favourite summer-inspired bean salad.
Tagged under: peaches,brie,peach,chicken breast,stuffed chicken breast