1 8’ round cake
- 1 8” cake board or piece of cardboard cut to size
- 1 8” cake (two layers) from recipe or cake mix
- 3–4 cups white frosting
- Penguin figurines
- Black and white ribbon
Prep and Cook
- 1Spread a small amount of icing on the cake board and top with one of the cake layers. Frost the top of the layer and set the second cake layer on top of the first, flat size up.
- 2Frost the entire cake completely using a little more icing than usual to cover the cake. You want it thick, but don’t worry about making it perfectly smooth.
- 3Using a teaspoon, swirl it over the entire cake to create a ripple effect (this is for the snow).
- 4Decorate the top of the cake with the penguin figurines and candle, and wrap a black and white ribbon around the base of the cake stand.