This recipe calls for pork tenderloin but you can also use chicken with these delicious sautéed Gala apples. The sweet and juicy apples make this meal so much more child friendly.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 Gala apples, cored and sliced into ¼-inch wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 ½ lb boneless pork tenderloin
- ½ cup apple cider
- ⅓ cup chicken or vegetable stock
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- 4Add apple slices to the skillet and continue cooking until apples are softened and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside; keep warm.
- 5Season pork with salt and pepper.
- 6In the same skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- 7Add pork and sear until golden brown on all sides, including ends, about 3 minutes per side.
- 8Place skillet over medium heat and add cider and stock. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until liquid is syrupy and reduced to about ⅓ cup.
- 9Slice pork into ½ inch-thick slices and serve with sautéed apples and a drizzle of pan sauce.
Category: No Category