- 2 3lb boneless pork rib roasts
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 3 cups your favourite BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Buns or flour tortillas
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Prep and Cook
- 1Season pork roasts on all sides with salt and pepper.
- 2In non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown roasts on all sides.
- 3Place carrots, celery and onion into slow cooker and top with browned roasts.
- 4If using a non-stick skillet, pour ¼ cup beer into pan and scrape any pork bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour this and the remaining beer over roasts in slow cooker.
- 5Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- 6Remove roasts and reserve.
- 7Strain remaining liquid from slow cooker into a container, discarding vegetables. Reserve one cup.
- 8Place roasts back into slow cooker Stoneware, using 2 forks, shred pork until it is completely pulled apart.
- 9Discard as much excess fat as possible.
- 10Add reserved 1 cup liquid and BBQ sauce, combine well, cover and set to warm if serving immediately or refrigerate until ready to fully reheat and serve.
Category: No Category