A secret spice turns this classic, easy-to-make snack into a spooky treat.
- 6–8 cups air-popped or microwave popcorn
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chili powder
Prep and Cook
- 1Put the popcorn in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2Place the butter, maple syrup and chili powder in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat and cook until the butter is melted.
- 3Turn the heat to high and boil the mixture for 30 to 45 seconds, or until thickened.
- 4Pour the syrup over the popcorn and toss to coat all of the pieces.
- 5Serve in a large bowl or individual brown paper bags.
Tagged under: popcorn,halloween treats,spiced popcorn,scary spiced popcorn