Serves 4 to 6
- 1 (398 mL) can Hunt’s Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (398 mL) can Hunt’s Heirloom Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 to 6 large eggs
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Optional: crumbled feta or goat cheese, for garnish
Prep and Cook
- 1Drizzle oil in a non-stick or cast-iron skillet. Sauté the onion and bell pepper for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they softened and begin to brown slightly.
- 2Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and cook for another minute or so to infuse the onions and peppers with the spice.
- 3Pour the Hunt's Heirloom Tomatoes and their juices into the skillet and stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the tomato and onion mixture cooks down and becomes jammy.
- 4Gently crack the eggs into the sauce and cook until the yolks set, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle parsley over top and garnish with crumbled feta or goat cheese, if using.