- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 400 g package of spaghetti
- 1 lb medium peeled and deveined shrimp (about 25)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh-chopped parsley
Prep and Cook
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, half of the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and red pepper flakes, and season well with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and stir to coat. Marinate for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 1 minute less than the package directions.
- 3Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the shrimp, reserving the marinade. Cook the shrimp until it’s pink and the edges are golden brown. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and cover with foil.
- 4Add the marinade and chicken stock to the skillet. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water, and add it to the marinade mixture. Bring the liquid to a boil and cook until reduced by half.
- 5Add the remaining lemon zest and juice to the pan. Stir in the butter and adjust the seasonings if necessary. Add the shrimp and pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with the parsley and serve warm.