Spicy Cedar Plank Salmon
Sweet Pea Potato Mash
- 6 salmon fillets, each about 6 oz and 1” thick
- 1 untreated cedar plank
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground pepper
Prep and Cook
- The morning of the dinner party, submerge the cedar plank in water, weighted down with a heavy pot or a glass jar and leave it soaking until you start cooking.
- Rinse the salmon under water, then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, mustard, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper.
- On one side of the salmon fillet, rub spice mixture evenly.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place the plank on the grill, close the lid, and heat plank until it smokes.
- Place the salmon on top of the plank and close the lid of the BBQ.
- Cook until salmon is firm to the touch and the top of the salmon is browned, approximately 10 minutes.