- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1½ tbsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp grated orange/clementine zest
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 4¼–4 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 12 oz bag of cranberries
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice of 2 clementines
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat the milk on the stovetop or in the microwave until it is 95°F, or hot to the touch—but it won’t burn the inside of your wrist when you test it. Pour the milk into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook and stir in the sugar and yeast. Let stand until foamy—about five minutes.
- 2Add the butter, eggs, orange zest, salt and 4¼ cups of the flour and beat at medium speed until a soft dough forms. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the dough is soft and supple. Add more flour if necessary—you want the dough to pull away from the side of the bowl. Beat for 8–10 minutes.
- 3Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead it with your hands 4 or 5 times. Shape it into a ball and transfer it to a lightly buttered bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size—about 2 hours.
- 4Generously butter a 9” x 13” baking pan. Toss the cranberries into a bowl with the sugar and cornstarch and set aside.
- 5When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll it to a 10” x 24” rectangle. Spread the cranberries evenly over the dough, leaving a 2” border along the long sides of the rectangle. Working with one of the longer sides, tightly roll up the dough to form a log. Cut the roll into 12 even pieces and arrange them into the baking pan, cut side up. Collect any berries and juice from the work surface and add them to the baking pan.
- 6Preheat the oven to 425°F. Bake the rolls for 25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and the berries are bubbling. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, whisk together the cream cheese, icing sugar and clementine juice until thick and spreadable. Dollop the glaze over the cooled rolls and spread it evenly with an offset spatula. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Category: No Category