Give familiar chicken burgers a bit of zip by adding Thai flavourings.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- ½ tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp Asian chili sauce
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes or until softened and lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool.
- 3Combine chicken, sautéed onions, ginger, garlic, lime rind, fish sauce and chili sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Shape mixture into patties about ½ inch thick.
- 5Chill in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- 6Heat barbecue or lightly greased griddle to high and cook burgers for 4 minutes a side or until lightly browned and cooked through.