Lettuce wraps are a deliciously messy combo of savoury filling and crunchy lettuce.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 – 218 ml can water chestnuts, drained and chopped (about ¾ cups)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp Asian chili sauce
- ½ tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 ½ tsp water
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp soy sauce (Not all soy sauces are gluten-free. Please check your labels carefully before using.)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- 3Turn heat to high, add chicken and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until it has lost its pinkness.
- 4Add ginger, garlic and water chestnuts and sauté for 2 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Combine fish sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and Asian chili sauce and pour over chicken, stirring to coat.
- 6Add cornstarch mixture and bring just to a boil or until juices in pan are slightly thickened and coat chicken.
- 7Season with salt to taste and sprinkle with green onions.
- 8Whisk together sauce ingredients and place in a small serving bowl with a spoon for drizzling.
- 9Serve chicken mixture, sauce and lettuce cups on a platter and let everyone make their own wrap.
Tagged under: chicken recipe,chicken wrap,asian chicken,asian chicken lettuce wrap