Once upon a time, we all stood in front of the stove and helped our mom or grandma melt the marshmallows to make classic Rice Krispie squares. And yet, here we are, making fancy, homemade protein bars and almond bites, when we could also be making the old school treat that’s school safe and pure comfort.
The great thing about this recipe for classic Rice Krispie squares is you can sub in any other cereal and it still works great. But melting those marshmallows into the butter and then adding the ol’ snap, crackle, and pop is a great way to spend an afternoon making memories of your own.
Classic Rice Krispie Squares Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz package of marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Prep and Cook
- 1In large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat.
- 2Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- 3Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, press mixture into a 13x9 inch pan coated with cooking spray.
Leave to cool then cut into 2-inch squares.
Best served the same day or wrap individual squares with plastic wrap.
Tagged under: rice krispie squares recipe,rice krispie squares,rice krispie treats