Heavily adapted from Everyday Food
- 9 tablespoons (1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2–3 large peaches (about 1 pound), halved and pitted, each cut into 12 wedges
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Whipped cream, (optional)
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Place 3 tablespoons of butter in an 8-inch round cake pan and melt it in the pan in your preheating oven, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle melted butter with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Arrange peaches in a circle (overlap the pieces) around edge of pan. Repeat in center, completely covering bottom of pan. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat together remaining 6 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and egg. Beat in sour cream until blended. Set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into sour cream mixture until just combined (batter will be thick).
- 5Spread batter evenly over the peaches. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45–50 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan, invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature, with whipped cream, sweetened sour cream, or vanilla ice cream, if desired.