- 8 small assorted beets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- Salt and pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F. Using two baking sheets of the same size, line one with parchment paper.
- 2Wash beets well, removing dirt and grit from the outer skin. Trim both ends and use a mandolin or food processor to slice beets into 1/16”–1/8” thick rounds.
- 3Lay beet slices in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, apply oil to the surface of each chip. Flip them over, brush on more oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Place the second baking sheet on top of the beet slices to hold the slices down flat and prevent edges from curling and bake for 15 minutes. Remove top baking sheet and bake for another 2–7 minutes depending on the thickness of the beets. When the edges turn golden brown, remove from the oven.
- 5Allow beets to cool slightly before serving.