Meatballs are little bundles of goodness that are also perfect for dipping.
- ½ cup large-flake or one minute oatmeal (not instant)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- ½ cup finely grated carrot or parsnip
- ½ cup chopped cooked spinach or kale (if using frozen, squeeze out the moisture)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste, divided in half
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a rimmed baking sheet or metal baking pan with parchment or foil and lightly grease with olive oil. Set aside.
- 3Place oatmeal in a small bowl and pour milk over top. Stir together and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes or until milk has been almost fully absorbed.
- 4Combine chicken, garlic, grated vegetables, spinach, egg, half the tomato paste, and oatmeal mixture, discarding any extra milk in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Mix until just combined.
- 6Form meatballs into 1 inch size and place on prepared baking sheet.
- 7Combine the rest of the tomato paste with the olive oil (it will not mix together very well).
- 8Brush a little of the tomato mixture on top of each meatball.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- 10Serve with tomato sauce for dipping or over pasta or rice.
Similar Related Posts:
- July 19, 2018
Toddler Recipe: Zucchini Bread Waffles
This recipe boasts a combination of whole grain and all-purpose flours, a minimal amount of sugar and two full cups of vegetables. And like a lot of traditional zucchini breads, we’ve added mini chocolate chips to the recipe at times, and the results were definitely crowd-pleasing.