Berry Grown Up
Ahhhhh, the holidays. A time for families, a time to be grateful, a time to shop and cook for the masses.
Yes, you have now reached that grown up age which requires you to:
- Know how to prepare and serve a complete holiday dinner, or
- Bring something Martha-ish to the holiday dinner.
Here is one solution to dress up the table this year, and it’s just as easy as opening up a can of that gelatinous stuff you’ve had sitting in your cupboard all year (we promise).
This is seriously good and seriously simple to make.
We like to serve it warm with the bird just out of the oven, but it’s just as good cold so you can make it in advance if needed.
This little homemade delight might even impress your mother-in-law.
Cranberry Sauce à la SavvyMom
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- ½ – 1 cup sugar (depending on your family’s taste)
- 1 cup water
- Zest of one orange
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add berries and turn to a simmer, stirring occasionally until berries burst and sauce thickens, approximately 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cinnamon and orange zest.
- Transfer sauce to a bowl and serve.