5-Ingredient Chocolate Nests with Chicks and Eggs
- 13 Shredded wheat squares
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Yellow marshmallow chicks
- Chocolate mini eggs
Prep and Cook
- In a large mixing bowl, crush the shredded wheat squares until there are no large pieces left.
- Place a pot, half full of water, on the stove and bring to a simmer. Place a glass or stainless steel bowl over the pot and add the chocolate chips and butter. Stir gently until the heat from the simmering water has melted the chocolate and the butter. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Pour the chocolate over the shredded wheat and mix until all of the cereal is well coated.
- Spoon large tablespoons of the chocolate/cereal mixture onto baking sheets lined with parchment. Shape into a nest (they don't have to be perfect or identical—no two nests are) and set the baking sheet in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove from the fridge and fill the nests with mini eggs (2 or 3 per nest) or marshmallow chicks (you may have to trim the edges of the chick so it will sit in the nest). Place on a colourful plate or tray and serve.