Put an extra spring in your step this month by swapping traditional breads and buns for crispy lettuce wraps in this updated ‘sandwich’.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head of Boston lettuce, washed and leaves separated (about 8 per head)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Juice of ½ lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pit removed and julienned (matchstick size)
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1–2 teaspoons honey, to taste
- sour cream (optional)
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine the yogurt, black pepper, salt, lime juice and chili powder and whisk together. Add the chicken breasts whole and stir to evenly coat each piece with the marinade. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- 2While the chicken is marinating, make the mango slaw. In a medium mixing bowl combine the mangoes, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, salt, lime juice and honey. Stir well and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess yogurt mixture. Cook the chicken thoroughly, approximately 5–6 minutes per side. Alternatively, grill or bake the chicken, if desired.
- 4Slice the chicken into thin strips and divide evenly between each of the lettuce leaves. Top the chicken with the mango slaw and serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- 5To eat, roll up the lettuce leaves like a wrap and serve immediately.