- Homemade or store-bought pizza dough, enough for 1 12” pizza
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Flour, for dusting
- 3 Tbsp pizza sauce
- 1½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2–3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Prep and Cook
- 1Prepare the pizza dough as per the recipe or package directions and bring it to room temperature.
- 2Preheat the oven to 500°F, 30 minutes before baking the pizza. Invert a large baking sheet and brush the olive oil over the bottom of the pan. Lightly dust it with flour and set aside.
- 3On a lightly floured work surface, press the dough out to a 12” circle. Transfer it to the baking sheet and smooth the dough into a round shape. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough and top with the mozzarella cheese, bacon, oregano and half the Parmesan.
- 4Crack the eggs in the centre of the pizza, season with salt and pepper, and cover with the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked through.
- 5Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve hot.