- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced and quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cheddar
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup croutons
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine the salad dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend to combine. Store in the fridge until needed. This can be done up to three days in advance.
- 2Place each of the salad items in a small bowl and set out on table along with the prepared salad dressing.
- 3Encourage kids to build their own salad creations, choosing as many options as they like from the items provided.