- 12 cupcakes
- 3 cups vanilla icing
- ¼ cup colourful sprinkles
- Red, blue, green and yellow rolled fondant
- 1 piping bag fitted with a large star-shaped tip
- Pizza cutter
Prep and Cook
- 1Place the icing in the piping bag and secure the top with an elastic band, or twist it counter clockwise to keep the end closed.
- 2Starting in the centre of the cupcake, swirl the piping bag clockwise covering the cupcake completely with icing. Add sprinkles to the top and repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- 3To make LEGO block toppers use a rolling pin to press the fondant into a ¼” thickness. Using the ruler and pizza cutter, cut out 1” x 2” rectangles.
- 4To make the dots, cut out circles using the straw and press them into the rectangular pieces. If they don’t adhere, dampen them slightly with water and attach. Allow the fondant blocks to dry for one hour before placing on top of the cupcakes.
- 5Fondant bricks can be made up to 1 week in advance. Store in a lidded container at room temperature until needed.
- 6Cupcakes can be made up to 1 day in advance. Store covered at room temperature.
- 7Fondant can be purchased at craft, cake decorating and some grocery stores.
Tagged under: LEGO cupcakes,building cupcakes,lego birthday