Carrot Patch Pudding Pots
- ½ - ¾ cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- 12 strawberries
- 2 cups orange candy melts
- 2 tsp canola oil
Prep and Cook
- Place 4 mini terracotta plant pots on a small baking sheet. If the pots have a hole in the bottom, spoon one tablespoon of cookie crumbs into the pot to cover the hole completely.
- Whisk together the milk, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pudding from the stove top, and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate has melted and the pudding is thick ladle it into the pots and cover with plastic wrap, pressing it down into the pudding to prevent a film from forming. Refrigerate for two hours.
- While the pudding cools, make the strawberry carrots. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse strawberries and dry completely with paper towels. Microwave candy melts and oil in a glass bowl or measuring cup on medium for 1 minute. Stir. Continue melting at the same temperature in 30-second increments (stirring after each) until smooth.
- Holding a strawberry by the green part, dip into melted candy to cover. Shake off excess and place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
- Transfer remaining melted candy to a piping bag or zip top plastic bag. Snip off a small corner and drizzle crosswise over berries. Refrigerate until firm.
- When you’re ready to eat the pudding, remove the plastic wrap from the pudding and cover the tops with 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate cookie crumbs. Top with a strawberry carrot and serve immediately with extra 'carrots' on the side.